UO Summer Session

Other Types of Students


When you audit a course you won’t earn academic credit but your participation will be noted on your transcript and your audited credit hours count toward your credit limit. You pay the same tuition and fees as for credit courses. Academic expectations are different. Auditing a course does not satisfy degree requirements or the Graduate School's continuous enrollment requirement.

Auditor Registration forms are available from the Office of the Registrar beginning the first day of classes each term. Courses can be audited only if space is available and department and/or instructor approval is granted.

Senior Citizen Auditors

Oregon residents age 65 or older who are not seeking academic credit or working towards a degree may audit classes at no charge, on a space available basis, pending approval by the academic department. For more information visit the Office of the Registrar. Forms are available from the Office of the Registrar.

Interested in lifelong learning but don’t want to audit a term-length course? Consider the Osher Lifelong Learning Program. Visit the Osher website for more information.


Staff and faculty members can take classes as non-admitted students through the Community Education Program. For summer term registration, fill out the Summer Session Eligibility form.

Contact Human Resources to confirm eligibility and apply for staff tuition rates.

High School Students

High school students may take UO undergraduate credit courses if they have met prerequisites for a class and there is space available. Fill out the registration eligibility form.

Grades are recorded on a UO transcript and become part of a student's permanent academic record. High school students are strongly encouraged to contact the Office of Academic Advising to discuss the demands of taking college-level courses.

Students taking UO courses through Prebaccalaureate and Duck Link Programs or TAG should direct their questions to those offices or their guidance counselor.

Community Members

Thinking about going back to school? Eager to study something new? Want to learn a language? You can.


  1. Fill out the registration eligibility form on the summer session website, available in late February.
  2. In late April the Office of the Registrar will mail you your UO ID number and PAC code (they will be the same numbers you may have already received or used previously if you have ever taken a class.)
  3. Register for classes beginning on Friday, May 12.
  4. If you are interested in a graduate level course please contact the Graduate School or the department of interest.

Interested in taking a class during fall, winter, or spring term? Visit the Community Education Program website.